110g unsalted butter, softened
70g golden caster sugar
1/2 tbsp Ringtons Pure Loose Camomile Tea
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
140g plain flour
For the icing:
100g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp water
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. In a pestle & mortar grind down the tea to a fine powder and stir into the butter mixture.
2. Beat in the egg yolk then add the flour and mix until combined. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/Gas Mark 5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Roll out the dough between sheets of parchment as the dough can be quite sticky, until about 5mm in thickness. Cut with your cutter shape of choice, I used clouds!
5. Place shapes on prepared sheets and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, leave to cool on a wire rack.
6. Once cooled, in a small bowl mix together icing sugar and water, you’re looking for a smooth consistency, not too runny. Ice your biscuits, I find using a piping bag is easiest!
By Guest Blogger, Katie Simmons