Ringtons Recipes: Millionaire’s Shortbread
Crunchy, chewy and completely comforting… get your Ringtons Shortbread Biscuits in and make these irresistible tea break treats.
This no-bake recipe is fab for doing in-between tasks or tea breaks as each layer needs time to cool and set – use it as an excuse to complete a step and then sit back and relax with a cuppa!
- 250g Ringtons Shortbread Biscuits, crushed
- 55g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 397g can condensed milk
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 55g white chocolate, melted
- First things first, grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- In a bowl, combine your crushed shortbread biscuits and melted butter. Then, firmly press the mixture into your prepared baking tin. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes whilst you enjoy a tea break or complete a task on your to-do list!
- Next, heat the sugar and remaining 150g of softened butter in a pan, stirring until melted. Add condensed milk and bring to the boil – keep stirring until the mixture has thickened. Then, pour over your lovely biscuit base. Let it cool before putting back into the fridge.
Put the kettle on, it’s time for another cuppa!
- Once the mixture has set it’s time to complete the third and final layer. Melt the dark and white chocolates separately. First, pour the dark chocolate all over the thickened caramel layer. Next, blob the white chocolate over the top and swirl the chocolates together into a beautiful pattern using a toothpick (or something similar!)
- Once again, chill in the fridge and put your feet up or tick off another task on your to-do list…even if that’s singing along to the radio, dancing in the kitchen or reading another chapter of a book.
- Once set, cut into eight squares and enjoy!
TOP TIP: Why not make a Ringtons Millionaires ice cream Sundae? Chop up your Millionaires Shortbread into chunky pieces, combine with vanilla ice cream and top with caramel and chocolate source…utterly indulgent!
Follow us on social for our daily updates and remember to use: #StayHomeWithRingtons