250g dark chocolate
200g caster sugar
50g ground almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan assisted)/gas mark 3 and grease a regular cake tin.
2. Melt the chocolate gently in a pan with the butter, allowing to cool when combined.
3. Separate 4 eggs, keeping the whites and the yolks. Whisk the egg yolks with 200g of caster sugar until they are light and creamy. Then whisk in 50g of plain flour and 50g ground almonds followed by the chocolate mix.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and then gently fold in the chocolate mix.
5. Finally, bake for 35 minutes.
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTRY:
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp cold water
1 tsp vanilla extract
80g caster sugar
175g plain flour
125g butter, softened
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
3 egg yolks
180g caster sugar
180ml fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp lemon zest
1. To make the pastry, take a small bowl and whisk together the egg yolk, water and vanilla. Set aside.
2. In another bowl combine the flour, sugar and salt. Rub in the butter to create a dough, add the eggy mixture and knead well. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in cling film. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Flour a work surface and roll out the dough. Line a lightly greased tart tin (min 2cm deep) with the dough and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees (fan assisted)/gas mark 5 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. To make the filling, put the egg yolks, eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and mix. Cook until the mixture has thickened, stirring continuously. Take off the heat and pass through a course sieve. Pour the sieved liquid into the cooked pastry case and allow to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
225g unsalted butter
2 tbsp cinnamon
225g Ringtons Mamalade
225g unrefined molasses sugar
1tsp grated nutmeg
375g self raising white flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs (beaten)
7 stem ginger
110g raisins or sultanas
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees (fan assisted)/gas mark 2.
2. Grease and line a 23cm (9 inch) round tin or equivalent loaf tin.
3. Melt together the butter, molasses sugar, milk and marmalade in a pan over a low heat until combined. Leave to cool.
4. Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl and make a hollow in the centre.
5. Pour in the melted mixture to form a smooth batter. Keep stirring as you do!
6. Beat in the eggs then stir in the ginger and raisins or sultanas.
7. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 1.5-2 hours until risen and allow to cool in the tin before serving.