WINNER WINNER, TURKEY DINNER! Unfortunately we’re not giving away a turkey dinner, but we ARE giving away this fantastic online exclusive Ultimate Tea Lover’s Gift Set. Between 7th – 18th December you’ll be able to enter simply by; Following us on Twitter and Retweeting one […]
It’s almost that time again, to start planning for visitors, dinner parties, lunches, afternoon tea and more. Whatever your chosen entertainment we all know that cooking and entertaining can become stressful. Here at Ringtons and Monkeyfeet HQ We have a rule throughout December: RELAX, HAVE […]
1. Watch your favourite Christmas movies – You might even get to see that heart-warming TV department store advert during the breaks too! Have you seen ours?
2. Count down the days – Make an advent calendar to give yourself a special treat each day. It could be a chocolate, a beer, or your favourite Ringtons biscuit.
3. Bake – Fill the house with merry smells by making mince pies, Christmas cake or the Christmas pudding.
4. Put up the Christmas tree and decorations – The more tinsel and sparkle the better!
5. Drink Christmas beverages – Relax with a mulled wine, Advocaat or a warm mug of Ringtons Christmas Spice Loose Tea.
6. Visit a German market – The hustle and bustle and smell of gluhwein and bratwurst will get you feeling festive.
7. Wear a Christmas jumper – Cute, classic or funny, you’ll be sure to raise a smile and help spread the Christmas cheer!
8. Shop – Buy something special for the ones you love. If you’re stuck for ideas you can’t go wrong with a Christmas gift from Ringtons.
9. Listen to Christmas songs – Put on your favourite Christmas album, turn the volume up and have a good old singalong!
10. Wrap up presents and write out cards – Those festive scenes and the thought of your loved ones opening their gifts will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
11. Take a tour of decorated houses – Some people go all out, lighting up their houses and gardens with inflatable Santas, lit up snowmen and flashing lights. Show your appreciation by leaving a donation in their charity collection box if they have one.
12. Enjoy a party – Whether it’s with your friends, family or work colleagues, wear a silly hat, pull crackers and tell bad jokes. It’s all part of the fun.
How is it November already? We can’t believe Christmas is almost upon us but here at Ringtons HQ we’ve had our Santa hats on for a while, coming up with lots of Christmas gift ideas for you. Our Christmas film is out, we have a cup of […]
Is it a loaf or is it a cake? It’s both!
125g self raising flour
50g muscovado sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 free range eggs
1 tbsp Ringtons Seville Orange Marmalade
Oven heated to 180C/Gas 4
Grease a 8inch loaf tin and line with a strip of baking paper at the base
Rub the butter and the flour together – to resemble a breadcrumb (I do this with my fingers until the right breadcrumb-like texture is achieved)
Add the muscovado sugar and the cinnamon.
Add the 2 eggs and beat with a wooden spoon until combined.
Pour the mixture into an 8inch loaf tin and bake for 40minutes until golden on the top and risen. Allow to cool for 10minutes. Remove from tin
and leave to cool for a further 15minutes on a wire rack.
Warm 1tbsp of Rington’s Seville Orange Marmalade in a pan and spoon over the top of the loaf once cooled.
A morning treat, just serve with an extra swish of Ringtons Seville Orange Marmalade, perfect alongside a cup of warm Rington’s English Breakfast Tea.