Combining our love of coffee with our love of sweet treats, we have created a mouth-watering recipe for Coffee and Walnut Flapjacks. We have jazzed up your average flapjack and made it extra delicious by adding in our brand new Constellation Coffee range. If you […]
Here is an easy recipe to bring the flavours to life, so grab a cup of tea, coffee (or a Christmas tipple!) and enjoy these tasty treats over this special festive season.
275g light brown sugar
200g dark chocolate
Zest of 1 large orange
Juice of 1/2 an orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
140g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
110g chocolate chips
2 tsp Ringtons Spiced Chocolate Orange Loose Tea
50g dark chocolate
100g icing sugar
Sugared orange segments
Ringtons Chocolate Sprinkles
- 2 tsps of Ringtons Spiced Chocolate Orange Loose Tea in a mug of boiled water and leave to brew (you won’t need to use all of this)
- Preheat oven to 180oC and line an 8in square cake tin with baking parchment
- Place the butter, sugar and dark chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Set it over a saucepan of warm water. Let the butter and chocolate melt, stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and leave to cool.
- Prepare the orange zest and juice and whisk these together with the eggs, vanilla and salt until combined. Whisk the orange and egg mixture into the cooled melted chocolate mixture – (must be cooled).
- Mix in a few tsps of the Ringtons Spiced Chocolate Orange Tea.
- Sift the flour and baking powder on to the chocolate mixture and fold it in. Then add the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes for a ‘fudgey’ soft brownie or 35-40 minutes for a more ‘cakey’ brownie.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from tin. Then cut into squares.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a large heatproof bowl, set over a saucepan of warm water.
- Cream together the butter and icing sugar
- Once cooled. Slowly add the melted chocolate to the butter and icing sugar mixture until well mixed in.
- Add 2 tsps of the Ringtons Spiced Chocolate Orange Tea for flavour.
- Use 1 tsp of topping per square of brownie (the more generous the better!), place a sugared orange segment on top and dust with a mixture of icing sugar and Ringtons Fairtrade chocolate sprinkles.