It’s #worldenvironmentday and we’ve been chatting to some of the businesses we work with about ways to reduce, recycle and be a bit more considerate to our planet – and you had some great ideas, hints and tips! Here’s a couple: 1: Store correctly By […]
Recently, we spent time with La Cimbali at the London coffee festival. Our go-to whole bean and fresh milk machine supplier. La Cimbali have just launched the M26 – a brand new traditional espresso machine that not only looks good but performs like a dream. […]
Having launched brand new Ringtons offices, grown every division of our business and started a huge renovation at our Tyneside factory (where all of
our tea is made) 2015 was certainly a busy year for us at Ringtons! Just when we thought it couldn’t get much better, at the end of the year we were lucky enough to be nominated as Business of the Year 2015 by one of our favourite local magazines, Living North.
After being honoured by a public nomination to make the shortlist, we were up against eight other well-known north east companies in the competitive Business of the Year Category. So in early December we donned our suits and evening dresses and headed to a glamourous award ceremony at St Nicholas Cathedral in Newcastle to find out the judges’ decision.
The gala ceremony was a sell-out and the venue stunning, with fantastic local food and drink as well as entertainment from some of the region’s greatest talents making the event one to remember. As we took our places in a pew we nervously awaited the results and were delighted when our category came around and we heard our name being read out as the winner of this fantastic award!
Daniel Smith, Tea buyer and blender – and fourth generation of Ringtons’ founding Smith family – accepted the award on Ringtons behalf to a very enthusiastic crowd and re-joined the team to enjoy the rest of the ceremony with a celebratory drink (of tea of course!)
The judges cited our commitment to our traditional values while expanding our business both within the UK and globally, as major factors in choosing Ringtons as the overall winner and we couldn’t be prouder to have won this accolade.
Our new award has taken pride of place in our Newcastle head office alongside our Service Award from the North East Business Awards which we also won last year. Although we have offices throughout the UK from as far north as Edinburgh to Dorset in the south we are honoured to hold this title in the region in which our business first began.
Have you ever uttered one of these immortal lines? “How long do I cook the turkey for?”, “Do we have enough chairs to seat everyone?”, “Have I done all of the shopping?” Cooking at Christmas time can be stressful but luckily, Ringtons have some great […]
It’s almost that time again, to start planning for visitors, dinner parties, lunches, afternoon tea and more. Whatever your chosen entertainment we all know that cooking and entertaining can become stressful. Here at Ringtons and Monkeyfeet HQ We have a rule throughout December: RELAX, HAVE […]
1. Watch your favourite Christmas movies – You might even get to see that heart-warming TV department store advert during the breaks too! Have you seen ours?
2. Count down the days – Make an advent calendar to give yourself a special treat each day. It could be a chocolate, a beer, or your favourite Ringtons biscuit.
3. Bake – Fill the house with merry smells by making mince pies, Christmas cake or the Christmas pudding.
4. Put up the Christmas tree and decorations – The more tinsel and sparkle the better!
5. Drink Christmas beverages – Relax with a mulled wine, Advocaat or a warm mug of Ringtons Christmas Spice Loose Tea.
6. Visit a German market – The hustle and bustle and smell of gluhwein and bratwurst will get you feeling festive.
7. Wear a Christmas jumper – Cute, classic or funny, you’ll be sure to raise a smile and help spread the Christmas cheer!
8. Shop – Buy something special for the ones you love. If you’re stuck for ideas you can’t go wrong with a Christmas gift from Ringtons.
9. Listen to Christmas songs – Put on your favourite Christmas album, turn the volume up and have a good old singalong!
10. Wrap up presents and write out cards – Those festive scenes and the thought of your loved ones opening their gifts will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
11. Take a tour of decorated houses – Some people go all out, lighting up their houses and gardens with inflatable Santas, lit up snowmen and flashing lights. Show your appreciation by leaving a donation in their charity collection box if they have one.
12. Enjoy a party – Whether it’s with your friends, family or work colleagues, wear a silly hat, pull crackers and tell bad jokes. It’s all part of the fun.