Guest Blogger Katie Simmons shares her twist on the traditional Tea Loaf. The perfect accompaniment to your Ringtons cuppa!
175ml strong cold tea (I used Ringtons Samovar Orange Spice)
225g self raising flour
175g demerera sugar
1. Brew your tea and strain, soak raisins in the tea overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C/Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 680g loaf tin.
3. Tip fruit and remaining tea into a large bowl and stir in all other ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour.
5. Let cake cool in tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool fully. Slice and serve!
By Guest Blogger, Katie Simmons