225g unsalted butter
2 tbsp cinnamon
225g Ringtons Seville Orange Mamalade
225g unrefined molasses sugar
1tsp grated nutmeg
375g self raising white flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs (beaten)
7 stem ginger
110g raisins or sultanas
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees (fan assisted)/gas mark 2.
2. Grease and line a 23cm (9 inch) round tin or equivalent loaf tin.
3. Melt together the butter, molasses sugar, milk and marmalade in a pan over a low heat until combined. Leave to cool.
4. Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl and make a hollow in the centre.
5. Pour in the melted mixture to form a smooth batter. Keep stirring as you do!
6. Beat in the eggs then stir in the ginger and raisins or sultanas.
7. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 1.5-2 hours until risen and allow to cool in the tin before serving.