This rich and intensely chocolatey cake is perfect with an espresso at the end of a meal. Recipe provided by Anna Hedworth, Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan assisted)/gas mark 3 and grease a regular cake tin.
2. Melt the chocolate gently in a pan with the butter, allowing to cool when combined.
3. Separate 4 eggs, keeping the whites and the yolks. Whisk the egg yolks with 200g of caster sugar until they are light and creamy. Then whisk in 50g of plain flour and 50g ground almonds followed by the chocolate mix.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and then gently fold in the chocolate mix.
5. Finally, bake for 35 minutes.