A Summer Tea Party
Who knows how long this gorgeous summer weather will last, so let’s make the most of it. BBQ’s are rife at the moment. Every evening I smell the charcoal burning around the streets of my town. But my personal favourite way to eat “al fresco” is a Tea Party. Easy to prepare, full of yummy treats and a wonderful way to enjoy a summer’s day. Here are my tips on how to throw the perfect summer Tea Party.
- Step back in time and send out real invitations. A text may be easier but there’s nothing so exciting as receiving a proper invite through the door. Advise on attire – maybe hold a competition for the best sun hat! If social media is more your thing, create an event on your profile and invite all your friends through that. They can RSVP with the click of a button.
- Create a menu. No one wants to be eating heavy sauces on a hot day, so include lots of light sandwiches, salads, scones with jam, biscuits, nuts, cookies, cakes and fruit. You will want to make iced tea as well as hot tea so that your guests have a choice. Ringtons Fruit and Herbal teas are excellent when chilled – especially the blackcurrant one! Have fun with your drinks and try freezing some tea ice cubes. Or how about trying some iced coffee?
- Prepare your party area. Try to set up your table in a cool place or use a canopy for shade. Clean all the lawn furniture and make sure you have some blankets for the grass for people to sit on too.
- Don’t forget music! You may prefer a charming classical tune or be a disco Queen (or King!) Whatever your choice, make sure you don’t play it too loud – your neighbours will thank you.
- Have fun!! There are loads of party games, or you could simply relax and chat. Enjoy the sunshine and congratulate yourself on throwing the Tea Party of the year!
We’d love to see your photos of your summer Tea Party. Send them to email@example.com or post them on our Facebook Page.
Want to see what our monthly offer for July? Click here.