A delicious crisp pastry with a tangy lemon filling – the perfect accompaniment to a cup of Earl Grey tea. Recipe provided by Mr R Vickers, Hertfordshire INGREDIENTS FOR PASTRY: 1 egg yolk 2 tbsp cold water 1 tsp vanilla extract 80g caster sugar […]
Month: March 2016
Our juicy Orange Marmalade adds a fruity twist to classic Ginger Bread. Recipe provided by A L Pepper, Lancashire. INGREDIENTS: 225g unsalted butter 300ml milk 2 tbsp cinnamon 225g Ringtons Seville Orange Mamalade 225g unrefined molasses sugar 1tsp grated nutmeg 375g self raising white flour […]
This rich and intensely chocolatey cake is perfect with an espresso at the end of a meal. Recipe provided by Anna Hedworth, Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan assisted)/gas mark 3 and grease a regular cake tin.
2. Melt the chocolate gently in a pan with the butter, allowing to cool when combined.
3. Separate 4 eggs, keeping the whites and the yolks. Whisk the egg yolks with 200g of caster sugar until they are light and creamy. Then whisk in 50g of plain flour and 50g ground almonds followed by the chocolate mix.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and then gently fold in the chocolate mix.
5. Finally, bake for 35 minutes.