1. Black tea from Kenya gives a brisk flavour, with a bright, golden liquor and refreshing aftertaste.
2. China produces the widest range of white, green, oolong, black and Pu-erh teas in the world.
3. Assam in India produces robust, full-bodied, malty orthodox and CTC teas, with strength and deep colour.
4. The different regions of Sri Lanka produce teas with very individual characteristics, such as the clarity and strength of the tea.
5. Japan produces mainly green tea.
6. Assam teas are ideal for a morning drink
7. We think that Gyokuro is one of the very best of Japan’s teas. Ringtons sell it as part of our “Rare” range.
8. Until the 1860s, the main crop produced on Sri Lanka (then called Ceylon) was coffee. Then a leaf disease affected most of the coffee bushes, causing land owners to diversify into tea.
9. In the last 10 years, the volume of tea produced in the world has increased almost 45% largely due to increased planting and improved farming and production techniques.
10. The Around the World Gift Box is only available during the month of May – so grab this gorgeous gift box while you can! And if you enter WORLD20 you’ll get 20% off your order too!
Around the world Gift Box and 20% off only available 1st – 31st May 2014